[X4U] iTunes doesn't see iPhone (was: OT: Can we sell stuff on this list?)

Neil lists at mac.com
Sat Jul 7 20:25:45 PDT 2007

On Jul 7, 2007, at 6:09 PM, Shawn King wrote:

> On 7/7/07 5:08 PM, "Neil" <lists at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> ...I have had my phone now for 30 hours
>> and I still can't get iTunes to even see
>> that the iPhone is attached.
>
> Did you download the latest version (7.3) of iTunes?....

Yes, I met all of the requirements, Mac 10.4.10, iTunes 7.3, and
built-in USB on my PowerMac G5/2x2.

System Profiler sees my iPhone connected via USB.  The iPhone shows
that it's charging.  I tried another USB port.

I restarted.

I repaired permissions, booted from my Tiger install disk and "Repair
Disk" found no problems, and I rebuilt my Launch Services database.

I moved my preference folders from my root level library and my user
library folders to my desktop and restarted.  Any other suggestions?
Thanks.