[X4U] OT:Net Neutrality: R.I.P.

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Mon Jul 9 06:13:40 PDT 2007

   On Jul 8, 2007, at 5:29 AM, Neil wrote:

   > You make it sound like a terrific bargain for me.  I get to enjoy
   > faster entertainment and the only downside is that poor people don't
   > get to enjoy it too.   I can live with that.  ;-)

This works fine so long as the only entertainment that you want to
enjoy is provided by existing people with lots of money: new
approaches, ideas, entrants need not apply.  In today's society, this
is a smaller and smaller fraction of the pie (which is why the
existing people are pushing against net neutrality: they want to
entrench their monopoly).

Craig