[X4U] Need suggestions for short-term el-cheapo ISP

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Mon Jul 9 08:35:52 PDT 2007

On 7/9/07 10:26 AM, K. Jerry Smith wrote:

> I have RoadRunner at home, but will need a short-term ISP for use
> during vacation. Any suggestions?

Jerry, that depends. Are you looking for high-speed on the road? Or dial-up?
Where will you be vacationing?

You can look at T-Mobile's coverage map; you can subscribe to their
high-speed network, if it covers the area you'll be visiting. Some cities,
such as Madison (WI) have municipal high speed wireless;  you can sub for
about $20/mo and hop on anywhere you like w/in the city's coverage (if you
have wireless). I keep an Earthlink dialup account in addition to my ATT
DSL, that I use for dialup whenever I go on vacation -- they even had
numbers in France when I visited there.

If you can be more specific about what you need, we can help you more
specifically.

~Linda