[X4U] Symantec AV problem

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Jul 10 23:02:35 PDT 2007

On 10 Jul, 2007, at 7:28 AM, John Gittins wrote:

> I have Symantec AntiVirus 10.1.1.
> How do I stop it from coming on whenever it wants and attempting to
> scan all my drives? Using the Scheduler does not solve the problem,
> and I can't figure out how to turn off "Auto-repair". Ideas?

Just delete the darned thing and go on with your work. I haven't
trusted my files to Symantec since version 4.0.

Besides, who on this net has been infected by a virus while using OS-
X? I don't know a single person who has been caught by any of the bad
programs out there except for my PC user acquaintances.