[X4U] Clock problem

Thomas Noel tnoel at mac.com
Fri Jul 13 12:20:43 PDT 2007

G4 DP 1.42 with 10.1.10, Two identical drives smart-copied with SuperDuper. Boot from drive A all is well. Boot from drive B and clock is fast by 7 hours and time zone insists I am in GMT. Cannot reset to correct in Date and Time with check in Set date & time automatically. Cannot choose another time zone, and no cities are in the drop-down list of closest cities. MoBo battery is fresh.

I have tried logging in as the never modified emergency admin account and problem persists in all accounts. I cannot find a preference file that is obviously responsible, or a cache file to trash.

Smart-copy from the good to the bad drive doesn't solve the problem, so I assume SuperDuper thinks the file is already on the destination.

Any ideas for a repair?  I left the machine downloading the Combo-updater 10.4.10 when I left for work this AM as my next try.

Tom