[X4U] DVD's

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Jul 17 21:05:13 PDT 2007

On 17 Jul, 2007, at 1:38 PM, Robert wrote:

> 1) The Reason that I am erasing them is that they fail when I tried
> originally to write to them.
> 2) I use to be able to burn both +rw s an -rws back on my G5. The
> reason I use +rw is with dragon burn I could append the the disk
> which is a nice feature.

If I am following you correctly,

1. You tried to write to the disc and it failed.
2. You then tried to erase the failed write session.
3. The erasure failed.
4. You used to be able to use the +RW format discs without problems.

All this was while using Roxio Toast? Is that correct so far?

More questions:

1. Did you change your disc writer or the software that you were using?
2. Was it the same brand of disc that you used in the past?
3. Did you make any other change to your machine or system since the
last time you did a write session?

I do know that some brands of discs did not play fair with my old G4.
I haven't tried different brands in my G5 PPC yet, so I can't answer
to that.