[X4U] MacUpdate Special Offer

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Jul 19 20:06:37 PDT 2007

At 7:09 PM -0700 7/18/07, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>I thought that I would mention this deal in case folks here hadn't
>heard about it.

Much appreciated!  I'd not heard about it.  Finally for the first
time since moving to OS X, I have versions of "Fetch" and "TechTool
Pro", plus I can convert my ClarisDraw files with Intaglio if I want
(now if I could just find that mystical replacement app which reminds
me, now that I'm running 10.4.x, I can try a couple suggestions
people made a few months ago).  Plus a newer version of
GraphicConverter than the bundled one that came with my G5. :^)

Not sure what of the other stuff will be of use to me, but those
three definitely made it worth while.

At 9:17 PM -0400 7/19/07, Neil Laubenthal wrote:
>Not my business of course . . . but from the last MacHeist it
>appeared that the MacHeister's came out a lot better on the
>financial end than the authors did.

My guess is that these deals are worth it to the authors.  Personally
I'd not have paid the money for any single one of these programs,
with the exception of TechTool Pro (which I haven't purchased as I've
been using DiskWarrior since I moved to OS X, and have the crumby
Applized AppleCare version).  I love "Fetch", but it ticked me off
when they went commercial, sorry, I'm not paying for something like
that when I have 'ftp' and 'wget' on the command-line.  A couple
others I've been interested in, but not enough to lay down any money.
Thanks to this, they all get a small amount of money they wouldn't
otherwise.

I would guess a lot of other people view it this way.

BTW, I used the MacHeist link, and somehow I don't seem to have
gotten any additional codes...  Not sure what's up with that.  Of
course I haven't received an email with my codes either.  Thankfully
I printed the webpage out giving the serial numbers.

Zane