[X4U] Powerbook <> Macbook

Brian L. Matthews blmatthews at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:26:08 PDT 2007

Eddie Hargreaves wrote:
> Doesn't sound like it's working as intended to me. If the MacBook is started
> up in FireWire Target Disk Mode, shouldn't it appear on the desktop of the
> Powerbook? Or do Intel Macs simply not work like that with PowerPC Macs?

They should, that's how I migrated from my PowerBook G4 to my MacBook
Pro. You might want to try things in a different order, for example get
the source Mac in target disk mode then plug it in, or restart the
destination Mac with the source Mac in target disk mode and plugged in,
etc. It should work though.

Brian