[X4U] Fast user switching

Rod Buchanan nanahcub at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:30:34 PDT 2007

On Jun 7, 2007, at 8:00 AM, alexandre wrote:

> On 7 juin 07, at 03:57, Nick Scalise wrote:
>
>> On Jun 6, 2007, at 8:40 PM, Kevin Willis wrote:
>>
>>> is the fact that we have to type in our password every time we
>>> switch to our accounts.  Is there a way to eliminate that?
>>
>> Remove the password from your accounts.
>
> i don't like the idea of a admin user with no password (remote
> login issues, etc). am i over-reacting?

I don't think so.  I've started setting all my Macs up that way -- an
admin account that is only used when absolutely necessary and regular
user accounts.  You can still install programs as a regular user,
provided you know the admin user ID and password.

--
Rod

"The Klingon gods were slain by ancient Klingon warriors millennia
ago. They proved more trouble than they were worth."
-- Lt. Commander Worf