[X4U] Parallels 3.0 hijacked application defaults

Robert A. Virzi bob.virzi at verizon.com
Fri Jun 8 11:40:12 PDT 2007

Fantastic!  Did the trick.  Whew!

But it is really odd.  Only MS files were affected - Word, Excel, PP.
Jpeg files, PDFs, itunes were not involved.  When I made the change I
was half expecting doc files to open in Mac Word on the PC side, but
all seems to be restored and normal now.

Coherence mode is very scary.  And so is this inter-OS file sharing.
I think I am going to compartmentalize things a bit more until this
shakes out.  I do not want to introduce a virus vector onto my Mac.

Thanks all for the help!
         -Bob