[X4U] Upon boot-up FPMonitor suddenly has black line running horizontally across screen.

Michael W. Smith mwsmith at usfamily.net
Mon Jun 11 09:09:26 PDT 2007

After booting up this morning I suddenly have a black line of pixels - about
4" down from the top - running horizontally across my Flat Panel Monitor.
The monitor is less than a year old.  It is a 22" Samsung SyncMaster 204B.
I have rebooted, run permissions repair, checked the monitor display
resolution, checked the monitor's setting via the controls on that, and
rebooted the monitor only - can't think of anything else to do up front.
Any thoughts?  I would appreciate the shared wisdom of anyone who has a fix
or similar experience that would tell me the next step.  Thanks much.