[X4U] 3rd Party Ethernet (was: OS 10.2.8 ?)

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Jun 11 23:03:38 PDT 2007

At 4:59 PM -0500 6/11/07, Dan A Currie wrote:
>The 10.2.8 installation went rather smoothly but when I tried to
>connect to the Net using I.E., it said server not found.  This
>particular Beige Mac no longer has a functioning " Built in ethernet
>" so I installed a NIC card in PCI slot B1 and it worked fine under
>9.2.1 but now is does not seem to work.
>
>The light on the card glows green.
>
>Help?

Sounds like the system is lacking driver support for the card that
you're using.  You should see if the vendor offers drivers for Mac OS
X, otherwise you'll probably want to look into finding a card that is
supported by Mac OS X.  Have you gone into the network control panel
and checked to see if it finds the card and you simply need to
configure it separately?

Oh, and do yourself a favor, loose Internet Exploader! :^)

Zane