[X4U] G3 Last Ship Date?

Michael J. Prevost mprevost at dot4.com
Thu Jun 14 13:34:27 PDT 2007

>  > I just noticed that www.osnews.com is reporting that support for G3
>>  based
>>  systems will be dropped from 10.5.  This seems a little odd to me,
>>  when was
>>  the last ship date for G3 based systems?  If this is in fact true,
>>  then I
>>  think the last G3 models will be the quickest Mac's to have support
>>  dropped
>>  ever.
>>

>Support for G4-based macs is prbly not long for this world,
>either....maybe Leopard will be it?
>
>nk

That might be right. Leopard lasts as long as Tiger has, the G4
people will still have around 2 years of new OS releases to enjoy.

That seems to fit my personal timetable too. The G4 based 17"
PowerBook I use at work will probably be replaced within a year. My
wife's Dual G4 based MDD will probably be replaced by the end of the
year.

By comparison, my Dual 2.7 GHz G5 PowerMac at home will be just fine
for the next few years.

--
Michael J. Prevost
Dot4, Inc.