[X4U] Mac locks up when attempting use file sharing

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Mon Jun 18 08:02:07 PDT 2007

On Jun 18, 2007, at 6:58 AM, Wayne Clodfelter wrote:

> Kansas Territory wrote:
>>>

> I don't understand the comment "Depend(s) on who starts the copy..
> be it on my computer or another computer.."
> The action can only be accomplished from the host computer. The
> host shows the connection to the server, but the server does not
> show a connection to the host. In other words, the server volume(s)
> show(s) up on the host, but not vice versa.

1st computer: (trouble computer)  G4      2nd computer:  for example
MacBook.

Scenario 1 : Macbook connects to G4 via file sharing, and starts to
send a file to the G4,  the Macbook's Finder will lock up.

Scenario 2: G4 connects to Macbook via file sharing,  G4 attempts to
grab a file and download from the macbook,  the G4's finder will lock
up.

I've tried this several times, using two different macbooks and two
different iMacs
as long as the G4 is in the mix, it causes the finder to lock up, on
whoever initiates the file transfer

However these macbooks and iMacs can successfully copy files amongst
themselves without problems.

Kansast