[X4U] Quicktime problems

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Jun 21 14:32:01 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 12:37:09PM CDT, LA Licata <lalicata at alum.rpi.edu> wrote:
:
: lately, I have been unable to view a quicktime movie embedded in a Safari
: window. I get a gray'd out Quicktime symbol with a question mark in the
: center.
:
: I thought this was a Safri 3.0 problem but I get the same problem using
: Safari 2.0.4
:
: I am running a 17' G4 PB, system 10.4.10, all other software up to date.
:
: Reloaded Quicktime 7.1.6 and  re-installed with its security update.
:
: Also reloaded Flip4Mac.
:
: Problem continues.
:
: Any suggestions very much appreciated..

Any example URLs where movies don't play?  Does anything on
Apple.com play?  Also, is this with actual QuickTime movies,
or with WMV content?  If the latter, some people are reporting
problems with the latest version of Flip4Mac (2.1.2.72) and are
reverting to the previous version (2.1.2.70).

	<http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17787/flip4mac-wmv-player>

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/