[X4U] Safari Beta & Dashboard/Expose

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed Jun 27 01:01:07 PDT 2007

On 26 Jun, 2007, at 8:35 PM, David R. Boag wrote:

> Ever since I installed the Safari Beta, my Dashboard & Expose
> preferences get reset. I have to go into system preferences and re-
> enter all of the F9-12 shortcuts after every restart.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions as to how to correct this?

I have the beta Safari installed on OS-X.4.10 and looked to see if
this condition was true. Yes, the default function key settings had
been reset. I don't know why and won't try to answer any questions
about that.

But......

I opened Dashboard & Expose preferences and reset all the default
settings to a null setting, did a restart, and found that my null
settings were still there. They were not reset by anything that was
active on my G5. I suggest that resetting the Dashboard & Expose
function keys to what you want them to be will be the answer to your
quandry.

PowerPC G5 Tower, Dual 2.0GHz processors, 1.5Gb RAM, 1x250Gb and
1x160Gb SATA drives, OS-X.4.10