[X4U] G3 in endless loop of inaction

Jonnythan jonnythanster at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 30 04:18:05 PDT 2007

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for your reply. But unfortunately it doesn't help.

The cds I was trying to restart from were TechToolPro and DiskWarrior (both
cds, not dvds).

There was definitely a Classic OS 9 folder on the G3 because my friend used
Classic quite a lot, but I'm not sure if this can be used as a start-up OS 9
system - I assumed this was the source of the problem.

The way I'd tried to use it as a firewire target drive was the correct way,
which you describe.

I'd also already tried zapping the pram.

It's as if the keyboard is not responding when you press either c, t, or alt
on start-up, although it does perform as expected with the zap-pram keys
depressed.

It's a mystery.

Best,

Jonnythan.