[X4U] Change where Spotlight Searches

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Mar 5 16:37:11 PST 2007

On 3 Mar 2007, at 12:14, Lee Licata wrote:
> ... John, thank you, but, this changes where Finder searches, but
> does not seem to affect anything when I bring up spotlight using
> the "option-apple-spacebar" (default) keystroke.

No, indeed. The "option-apple-spacebar" searches everything in
Spotlight's index (not the entire computer - directories such as /etc
are notably absent). In order for the O-  Spotlight search to behave
as you wish you would need to tell Spotlight to index nothing but
your home directory; I am not sure this is possible.

Stroller.