[X4U] WVS domain

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Mar 7 17:08:40 PST 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 2:11 PM, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> Hi one more question I just saw a website prefixed with wvs domain
> name. I’ve seen www3 and www2 but never wvs before does anybody
> know what that is or what it stands for?

I could be entirely mistaken, so don't quote me or rely on this being
correct, but I believe it stands for Web Virtual Server, and it is
for Web sites that act as front ends for various programming
languages to run.

Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (3rd, 4th, and 5th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html