[X4U] How do I clone to a NAS?

Neil lists at mac.com
Thu Mar 15 09:57:48 PDT 2007

I have a Buffalo Terrastation network attached RAID storage drive.  I
also have a LaCie Big Disk FW800/USB2 RAID external drive.  I would
like to clone the contents of my LaCie drive to my new NAS.  I can
mount my NAS share in the Finder and copy files to it, but I can't
select the share in Carbon Copy Cloner nor Super Duper.  I tried just
copying the files, but I got an error message that the file name is
too long so it stopped copying.  The NAS has a web interface that
says that the file format is XFS.  I thought it should handle long
file names.  So, does anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks.