[X4U] Beach Ball

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Mon May 7 19:28:44 PDT 2007

On May 7, 2007, at 11:35 AM, Ralph wrote:

> I have a "dome base" iMac that's developed a bad case of beach
> balls. The cursor appears most often when I choose Print... from
> almost any application. It also often comes up when I choose File >
> Open... In addition, the machine seems sluggish generally.

Have you run the chron programs lately to take care of the
housecleaning? Check out Onyx via google.

Many times, a slowdown is the result of cache files being too full.
That is another area for concern.

Do you have a hub connected between the Mac and the printer?
Sometimes, a hub can cause slowdowns, too.

Check your settings under the printer preferences. Maybe you have
something active that is slowing down your printing functions.