[X4U] Re: Vista Home Basic With Parallels

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue May 8 22:18:19 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 8:45 PM, TjL wrote:

> Hands On: Running Vista Home on a Mac
> In spite of what its license says, you can run Vista Home via
> virtualization apps
>
> http://www.macworld.com/2007/02/firstlooks/vistamac/index.php?pf=1

Thanks!

Just for fun, I decided to try the free demo of CrossOver (no copy of
Windows is required).  It worked great!  In fact, I tried using an
animation program that my son really likes in CrossOver, even though
it isn't "certified" for CrossOver, and that worked perfectly too!

It is incredibly satisfying to be able to run Windows software and
not have to pay Microsoft a cent to do so!

If I find that I do need to run Windows in the future, I will
probably get Parallels and a copy of WinXP, which I can get
inexpensively from:

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?
p=ItemDetail&item=SWW10646

Randy B. Singer