[X4U] Macbook Pro

Roy van der Westhuizen roy at ion.co.za
Fri May 11 03:13:41 PDT 2007

My work is becoming more image heavy and I also need to have the
Intel processor to use some astronomy programs which are windose
only. I therefore need to upgrade my 1GB 17" P.B. with 1 GB ram. Am
thinking of a 15" Macbook Pro. The 2.16 ghz is equal to US$2,422.48
in local (Rand) currency and the 2.33 ghz is US$3,035.23. A 17" costs
US$3,484.10 These prices are for standard configs. Three questions.
Is it worth getting the 2.33 or stick to the 2.16 and load extra RAM.
Finally is it maybe better to wait until year end for new config
notebooks? I know it is often said that if you need a new machine,
now is the time, but I can hang on for a few months.

Regards,

Roy