[X4U] Router Thanks & Remove User Account

Rick Gordon rick at rickgordon.com
Sat May 12 20:48:14 PDT 2007

A new Mac, as part of its initial setup will bring you into the Migration Assistant, prompt you to hook up the other computer via firewire and give you import choices. If you are purchasing a used computer and have Tiger installed, you can explicitly launch /Applications/Utilities/Migration Assistant.app and get to the same place. It's a piece of cake.

Rick Gordon

On 5/12/07 at 3:30 PM -0700, Da Pen wrote in a message entitled
"[X4U] Router Thanks & Remove User Account":

What's the best way to preserve my preferences only and get them onto the new computer? I also want to get all my data and programs.  Ideally I'd just create a hard drive that I could clone to the new laptop and then Voila! there I'd be.  Sort of like the transporter from Star Trek, eh?

RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING