[X4U] Handy tidbit for those who connect to PCs from your Mac

Jim Colgate ColgateList at cox.net
Tue May 15 19:29:51 PDT 2007

Howdy folks,

I bought one of those digital picture frames for my Mother for Mother's Day,
and almost had to take it back due to the problems it was having reading the
SD card with the .jpg pictures I transferred from iPhoto. The vendor
recommended a package called OptiPix (which only runs under Windows) to
transfer correctly formatted files.

After many false starts and frustration I found this product which saved the
day: <http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest/>

**********
BlueHarvest allows you to keep your disks and servers free of Mac "trails"
by:

    * Stopping the creation of ".DS_Store" files.
    * Automatically removing Resource forks ("dot underscore" files) and
hidden folders such as ".Trashes"
    * Providing simple drag and drop folder and volume cleaning.

BlueHarvest is fully customizable (via a System Preferences Panel) and is a
Universal binary, supporting Intel and PowerPC based Macs.
BlueHarvest requires 10.3.9 or 10.4 or later.

BlueHarvest Copyright © 2005-2007 Ross Tulloch.

After solving my digital picture frame problem, I realized that this would
have been great where I used to work as one of the few Macs in a corporate
PC network. I was constantly cleaning up the .DS_Store files from the server
directories. Stray resource files were also a nuisance.

So if anybody regularly connects to a PC network, this package might be
worth checking out. And the $10.00 fee is very reasonable.

Cheers,

   Jim