[X4U] Canon Printer

Roy van der Westhuizen roy at ion.co.za
Wed May 16 07:16:02 PDT 2007

Hello list,

Yesterday I received a Canon LBP3360 laser printer after my Epson
5900 gave up the ghost. First problem, their CD's don't have the Mac
drivers.
 > I downloaded driver 1.5 from Canon UK
 > install driver
 > try and select, nothing comes up
Last night phone my regular Mac supplier who tells me that I need to
set IP address printer side. Makes sense and I think I will get going
in a jiffy today. No go.
 > Phone Canon dealership who send technician out immediately
 > We set all we can on the printer and put in an IP address. I have
a 24 port hub but only five are used including a printer.
 > Still no luck. Whenever I select printer utility it shows me lost
of Canons, but not this one.
 > Go to <more printers> and see it shows the printer, but If I
select it, it does not show up; not being read.
 > Head office had one man who knows Macs, but he is never available

The printer seems solid and prints test sheets well. Short of sending
it back, is there any advice anyone can pass on.

It is being installed from a 17" IMac 1.6 ghz with 2gb RAM, running
10.4.9. All the other machines also run 10.4.9.

It is af if the installer resides on the Mac, but cannot be "seen".
But then when I allocate an IP address, it cannot ping. However when
I disconnect the printer ethernet cable, the ping responds "host down"

Very confused as I am used to Macs reading printers in a snap.

Regards,

Roy