[X4U] Have a question and it doesn't belong in this group but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed May 16 15:22:53 PDT 2007

On 16 May 2007, at 17:54, keith_w wrote:

> Crandon David wrote:
>> No diff. Just different ways of saying the same thing.
>
> I'm not entirely sure that's true, David.
> Doesn't the "i" part of the designation represent an 'interlaced'
> way of presenting the screen pixels?
> Maybe I'm off base here, but, just in case...

No, you're completely right.

I would prefer to assume that a product advertised at 1920 x 1080 was
capable of utilising that resolution at full frame-rates - i.e. 50+
hz. We wouldn't regard an interlaced display as acceptable for our
computer monitors, but to be fair it's quite watchable for TV or
movie playback.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080i#1080i_vs_1080p

Stroller.