[X4U] printing in Mail without attachments

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu May 17 20:51:48 PDT 2007

On 17 May 2007, at 17:53, Mark Des Cotes wrote:
>>> Is there a way to print an e-mail message in Mail but not have
>>> the attachments print?
>>
>> Message > Remove Attachments
>
> I don't want to remove the attachments, I just don't want them to
> print. If I receive an e-mail with a message and 10 photos
> attached, I would like to be able to print the message without
> paving 10 photos print at the same time.

Well, duh! Copy it first!

Right-click on the message, choose Copy To and then the same folder
the original is in. You'll then have two copies of the message side-
by-side and can remove the attachments from one for printing.

Alternatively, drag the message and, holding the ALT key so that a +
in a green circle is displayed, drop it in another folder. You can
then move the copy back to the original folder using regular drag &
drop.

Stroller.