[X4U] Finder locks up-help

Robert A. (Bob) Hall rahall at ptd.net
Sat May 19 01:32:18 PDT 2007

I have strange condition that I have not seen before. I now cannot
open my Documents folder by clicking on the Document Icon (folder
title "Documents"), while I can get to the files in the folder by
clicking the arrow in front of "Documents" in my home folder. When I
click on the folder title "Documents" I get a spinning wheel and the
finder locks up. Force Quitting restarts the Finder restoring all
operations except opening the Documents folder.

All other folders open as expected. No other action I have tried
locks the finder.

I have rebuilt using  DiskWarrior, reset parameters, restored disk
permissions, repaired the disk using Disk Utility (after restarting
to my backup hard disk) -- to no avail. As an an experiment I moved
the moved the Documents folder to a backup hard disk and it work
perfectly. Moved the now operational folder back into my main disk
and it still locks the finder.

This all started when I tried to drop a file from the my "download"
folder into "Documents" in the side bar. It opened a blank window and
the cursor changed to a spinning wheel.

Any comment will be appreciated.
--
Robert A. (Bob) Hall