[X4U] Re: Re: printing in Mail without attachments

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Wed May 23 07:34:10 PDT 2007

On 5/22/07 10:07 PM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> On 19-May-07, at 11:26 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>

>> On May 19, 2007, at 2:11 PM, Cornett wrote:
>>
>>> Why not; in Mail > Preferances > Viewing just uNcheck the 'Display
>>> Images..' box, then quit Mail and reopen it, and all should be as is desired
>>> as far as printing is concerned(+ an added gain in speed of mail
>>> displaying, and perhaps a security gain of not loading spammer's 'phone
>>> home'  images, to boot:). Unless I'm duh.. missing something. HTHs
>>
>> Maybe this preferences option existed in some earlier versions of
>> Mail, but in the latest version, at Mail > Preferances > Viewing,
>> it isn't there.  At least it isn't there in my copy of Mail.
>>

> Can someone using Panther or Jaguar confirm this? In Tiger it says
> 'Display remote images in HTML messages' but I'm almost positive I
> remember a check box for 'Display Images' in an older version.

In Panther, Mail Preferences > Viewing gives me:

Show header detail: "Default" (with a dropdown menu)
checkbox followed by Show online buddy status
checkbox followed by Display images and embedded objects in HTML messages
.                    Turn this off to display only the text portion of an
.                    HTML message
Message threading:
Use the View menu to group messages by thread
checkbox followed by Highlight related messages using color (and a box here
to choose the color)

peace,
Linda