[X4U] list ettiguette faux pas

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Tue Nov 6 15:58:55 PST 2007

At 7:14 AM -0800, 11/6/07, Zane H. Healy wrote:

>Actually if all you did was have your PGP digital signature attached
>there was no faux pas on your part as far as I'm concerned.  It is
>more of a bug or misconfiguration in the mail-list software, as that
>should logically be allowed and encouraged.

That is a matter of personal opinion. I run a list serve and I do not
want any attachments on any of my lists. I strip all attachments from
emails. While you may feel that users should always be able to attach
their desired attachments, that choice is the right of the list serve
owner.

This 'digital signature' attachment argument is not likely to find
majority than the argument for HTML in emails. I also strip all HTML
from any list mail while some people feel that is wrong as well.
Sorry people but the list owner gets to choose what they want to deal
with.
--

Robert Ameeti

Well-married, a man is winged: ill-matched, he is shackled.
- Henry Ward Beecher