[X4U] Printing part of an e-mail?

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 7 16:25:36 PST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 6:49 PM, Art wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2007, at 12:08 PM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:
>> Just wondering here. Is it possible to print only part of an e-
>> mail in Mail? Sometimes there are so many replies back and forth
>> that printing would result in multiple pages printed. Is there a
>> way to select (highlight) text in an e-mail and only have it print?
>
> I use Services (actually via the oh-so-convenient  •  pull-down
> menu) --> "Print Selection" --> then either "Print Selected Text"
> or "Print Area of Screen" (when I want to include the address, date
> & subject lines). Quick and easy!

Bingo! Art has the right answer. If you do not see "Print Selection"
in your Services menu under the Mail menu, then download the free
tweak from here:
http://osiris.laya.com/projects/printselection/
I do not run Leopard, so I don't know if it works with 10.5, I use
Tiger and Print Selection saves me a ton of time and keystrokes.
That's my 2¢.
Cheers,
John