[X4U] frequent "can't find server" errors in Safari/Leopard

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Wed Nov 14 16:22:41 PST 2007

OK, I know it seems like post-a-day with me about Leopard, but I
wanted to see if anyone else is noticing this.

Since updating to Leopard on both my iMac and MacBook, I find that I'm
frequently getting times when Safari refuses to load a certain site,
giving me things like "Safari can’t find the server.
Safari can’t open the page “https://chaseonline.chase.com/” because it
can’t find the server “chaseonline.chase.com”  I can hit Reload, I can
cut the address and paste it in a new window, even quit and relaunch
Safari, and still get the same message.  However, I can open FireFox,
Camino, etc, paste in the exact URL, and it will load just fine.

Happening to me on a daily basis now.  Repaired permissions, etc
without any effect.  (It's intermittent, so it's hard to say though).

Any thoughts?

Michael