[X4U] on Safari cache clearing

Cornett cornett at gol.com
Thu Nov 15 16:24:08 PST 2007

Hi! there Listas

I'm hoping that someone here will be able to help me
overcome this what I've long considered a pita..

While browsing in Safari, for various reasons, I do often go
into Preferances to clearout the cache files, but am always
then needing to deal with the popup dialogue box which asks
me 'are you sure..you really wish to..yayada' (or something
close to that) that requires a Return Key tap to allow it,
before I can continue my websurfin'. Is there a simple way
to eliminate that unneeded lame step(the dialogue box?) in
Jaguar, Panther & Tiger? The above pita seanerio is ditto
for Camino & SeaMonkey too.

While untested, I'm aware that Onyx has a setting to turn-
off Safari cacheing entirely, I honestly don't know if'n
that is what I want to do or not(wonder)? Also, Firefox
& Opera have settings to auto-dump at Quit of those apps,
but is there someway to force Safari do likewise?, 'cause
AFAIK Apple hasn't seen fit to give us any cache limiting
choices in Safari's preferances(including the new v3.04)
either, and where long ago we often simply just employed
a RAM Disk.

On the side while I'm here, has anyone gone in and locked-
down the ability to let browsed sites write to their User
Cookies file?, if so, how did you accomplish that feat?

Your collective wisdom & ideas are very much welcomed. TIA

Respectful of GURUs
Bill Cornett
/