[X4U] Sticky Shift key?

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 17 10:48:07 PST 2007

I have both a G5 and an Intel iMac. Both have OS 10.4.10.

The problem:  Both of them are plagued with a sticky shift key. What
I mean by that is that at the beginning of a sentence, the first two
letters will be capitalized. It happens about 25% of the time. ONe
machine is equipped with a Matias TActile pro keyboard and the other
with the KB that was sent with the machine.

I haven't yet found which KB preference setting controls this
behavior, but playing with the repeat keystroke controls doesn't seem
to do anything.

And Oh yes, I've turned off the Caps Lock key to solve my problem of
a wild pinky.

THis is about driving me up a tree. Any suggestions for how to
eliminate or minimize the frequency of double capitals?

	It mostly happens when I type fast. But I don't believe that my
finger is residing unnecessarily long on the shift key.... It's just
that the return to un-shifted condition does not appear to be
instantaneous. I've lived with this for a while now and just
discovered that my wife has the same problem.... and she's a much
better typist than me. There must be some sorta control that I'm
missing.   Can anybody steer me in the right direction?

The work around I use is going back and fixing typos.... but that's a
real p.i.t.a.

Thanks,
John