[X4U] Sticky Shift key?

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Nov 17 19:37:04 PST 2007

On 17 Nov 2007, at 18:48, John Erdman wrote:
> The problem:  Both of them are plagued with a sticky shift key.
> What I mean by that is that at the beginning of a sentence, the
> first two letters will be capitalized. It happens about 25% of the
> time. ONe machine is equipped with a Matias TActile pro keyboard
> and the other with the KB that was sent with the machine.
> 	It mostly happens when I type fast. But I don't believe that my
> finger is residing unnecessarily long on the shift key.... It's
> just that the return to un-shifted condition does not appear to be
> instantaneous. I've lived with this for a while now and just
> discovered that my wife has the same problem.... and she's a much
> better typist than me. There must be some sorta control that I'm
> missing.   Can anybody steer me in the right direction?

Hi John,

I'm not being funny, or anything, but* can you get the same behaviour
with someone else typing?

A customer of mine is next week getting a laptop keyboard replaced by
Dell because she noticed that I had the same problem as her when I
came to set the machine up for her. We both found ourselves having to
the shift key was a little insensitive, as it worked fine when we
made a conscious effort using it.

Your case seems different, as you seem to get the problem with two
different keyboards on two different machines. I'm not being funny,
or anything, but it occurs to me that it's possible your might find
your problem eventually resolved by the attention of an experienced
typing instructor.

Stroller.

* "I'm not being funny, or anything, but" = famous last words.