[X4U] Laptop battery life?

B. Kuestner kuestner at macnews.de
Sun Nov 18 11:57:39 PST 2007

> How do you reconcile that recommendation with estimated battery
> life measured as cycles?
> The more you unplug, the faster you consume charging cycles.

Both are true, but what I wrote is more true. (c:

Cycling will stress the battery, but not as much as charge states
above 80, 90 percent and high operating temperatures.
The self-destructing tendencies of the aggressive LiIon chemistry
work much, much stronger once you hit high charge levels.

If you do not use a battery, you should charge it to like 60% and
then store it in the fridge, i. e. cool but above the freezing point.
This way you can buy backup batteries for machines that are
discontinued.

Björn