[X4U] Hide the extension: I don't want to but X wants!

Germain M. germain_m at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 18 19:40:51 PST 2007

Hello, I'm a writer. I now use Pages with a great joy! But I do have
to export into Word format. No problem here. Pages does it fine but
the exported file never show the ".doc" extension. I have to Get info
and uncheck the "hide extension" in order to have the file with its
extension showed. I tried to send the file without its extension but
a the other end of the tunnel, people would say the file cannot be
opened. Is there a way to make a file show its proper extension
without "Get info" each and every time. I still prefer all the files
on my computer not to show an extension.

Thanks. Germain

iMac Intel 2.0ghz
1 gig Ram, 160 GB HD
10.4.10 français - french