[X4U] Video card ?

Dan A Currie dancurr at frontiernet.net
Sun Nov 18 19:46:08 PST 2007

Stroller wrote:

> On 18 Nov 2007, at 23:56, Dan A Currie wrote:

>> Having always used the OEM video card in whatever Mac I bought,
>> Performa 630CD, PPC 6500 or MDD G4, I do not understand the need for
>> a different card.  Would someone please explain the advantages of an
>> after market card.
>

> Substantially: better graphics in 3D games, improved performance in 2D
> apps which use Quartz. The only program I'm aware of in the latter
> category is Aperture, and I can affirm that graphics card makes a big
> difference.
>
> Really, if you want useful advice about this you need to give us
> more information. Why are you asking?
>
> Stroller.

I am driving an MDD DUALIE 1.25 MHz / 2 GB RAM / 320 GB HD / NETSCAPE
7.2 / OS X.4.7 and I was trying to watch an episode of CSI on Innertube
and the "balloon kept spinning" and also when my daughter was watching
some Batman episodes on YouTube.

Is this a processor glitch, I am maxed out on RAM, so I was thinking
that it might be a video card ... since I know absolutely nothing about
them.

Dan