[X4U] Where da Leopard "Packages" go?

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Nov 20 10:56:10 PST 2007

On 11/20/07, Brett Conlon <brettnlis at bigpond.com> wrote:

> I just ran (& chose to keep) some updates in Leopard but the Packages
> folder in the root Library ain't there any more. Is this a new change
> under Leopard? Where dey go?

As best I can tell, they're saved either in /Library/Receipts (e.g., iTunes0 or
/Library/Updates (e.g., Login & Keychain Update). Note that they are the
installer packages. The information previously stored in each receipt's
Archive.bom is now in /Library/Receipts/boms and Disk Utility uses
/Library/Receipts/db/a.receiptdb for permissions repair.