[X4U] DVD movie clip

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Wed Nov 21 06:29:11 PST 2007

---- "David R. Boag wrote:
> Suppose I just want to copy one small scene from a DVD to make some
> kind of video format that I could include in, let's say, a Keynote
> presentation. What software would facilitate the extraction and
> conversion of the video? I've never had the opportunity to work with
> video before, so I'm clueless.

If it is a commercial movie you are talking about, you will need to use MacTheRipper to first descramble the CSS protection and copy it to your hard drive.

After that, you can use either HandBrake to convert it to an MP4 file. Or you can use MPEGStreamClip to convert it to a DV file and then you can edit it in iMovie and do pretty much whatever you want with it.

Good luck.
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net