[X4U] Dual G5 with ATI Radeon X800 XT vs. base Mac Pro

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Thu Nov 22 11:32:42 PST 2007

It's time to shuffle the computers in my house. My son needs more oomph for
his video projects than he can get from his aging "Mirrored Doors" 1 GHz G4,
and I need to run Windows at home as well as at work, so I need a desktop
machine with an Intel chipset.

Currently my desktop machine is a Dual 1.8 GHz G5 Power Mac with an ATI
Radeon X800 XT AGP graphics card that drives two monitors (a 17 inch Apple
LCD with ADC interface and a Dell DELL 2405FPW. How will the 2.6 GHz Mac Pro
with base video card perform in Photoshop compared to what I have now?

I know I cannot move the video card from the G5 to the Mac Pro. I'm hoping
that the Radeon X800 XT AGP is Leopard-compatible. Anyone know that?

Thanks so much,

Jim Robertson