[X4U] RAM counsel

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Sun Nov 25 13:53:52 PST 2007

At 9:28 AM -0600, 11/23/07, Linda wrote:

>So, please tell us, how do you test for bad RAM if you don't hang
>onto the original?

Users always have at least two DIMM / SIMM. Remove one, then see if
the problem goes away. Then test the other. The two don't go bad at
the same time. RAM typically lasts a lifetime and rarely goes bad but
being able to run the system on one stick is surely enough a test for
anyone.
--

Robert Ameeti

"The most important seed I can sow in this life is my children, and the love and knowledge that I can bestow upon them and the help I can give them."
~   Steven Seagal