[X4U] Disk Utility Errors...why?

Thomas Bulat tombulat at comcast.net
Sun Nov 25 14:48:36 PST 2007

Hi all,
I'm hoping someone can help me understand what is going on with errors I
am receiving when I do a restore from my internal drive's partition to a
freshly formatted external FW Hard Drive Partition.

I'm on an iMac G5 with a LaCie External FW Drive and am using X.4.11 Tiger.

For years, I've been backing up by copying my internal HD disk
partitions with the Disk Utility Restore Function to my FW attached
External Drive.

For a while, I've been getting an error during the process for one or
more of the partitions on the external drive.

Even this last attempt, when I created fresh partitions, on restoring
the 3rd one (2 are ok), I got the error...

Restore Failure

An error (22) occurred while copying (Invalid Argument)

If I check the drive after getting this error, it has a disk problem error...

Invalid B-tree node size

but it cannot be repaired.

This is driving me crazy.

I can backup the partition using a Finder "copy" but I want to know why
a freshly formatted drive gives me this error.

How can I correct the situation?

What exactly and why these errors. Anyone? Any ideas?

Thanks, and so long for now, TOM