[X4U] Spotlight and Google Desktop are both utterly useless...

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Nov 29 00:14:00 PST 2007

On 11/28/07, lists at wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:

> ...if they're not searching my home library (under Leopard) :-( e.g. a
> search for 'com.apple.ActivityMonitor.plist' turns up NOTHING :-(
>
> Is there any DECENT search tool that will do this VERY basic thing???
> *highly frustrated look*

Maybe you missed it or it occurred on another list. CMD+F, click Kind, select
System Files, click don't include button, and select include. Put in
ActivityMonitor.plist and be surprised. Save the search and use it any time you
want to search everywhere. Alternatively, you could modify the
default_smart.plist buried in the Finder.app for all your searches.