[X4U] File Mapping & Stuffit Expander

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 11:54:08 PST 2007

Hello,
Just decided to go forward with checking out "notlight" because of recent posts.  In process I upgraded my StuffitExpander to v.12.
In setting it up I discovered the "File Mapping" section.  What is the purpose of this section and how do I determine which gets assigned to Stuffit Expander or the "Archive Manager"?  If I do "all to Stuffit Expander" what does this actually do and is it changing the function of other things I have set up already (of course, I don't know if it will = my ignorance of a broad area of this kind of stuff.)  I'm a user, not a technowizard therefore I just do many of the things Apple, etc... directs me to do without knowing what is actually being done.  Though, I'd like to know, particularly if it means something I expect to happen will no longer happen because I just changed something else (of which I do not know the full ramifications).
Thanks for insight and wisdom.  I just might "expand" my knowledge and decrease my ignorance today.
Dave