[X4U] Booting from external backup drive

Jack Corcoran jkcorcor at cox.net
Sat Oct 13 07:22:39 PDT 2007

HI,

My basic eqpt is a Mac-Mini (non Intel)  which I am backing up weekly with a
200gig Maxtor drive operating from the enclosure's Firewire port to the same
on the computer. The backup application is Dejavu.

The backup procedure works faultlessly.  However, I am unable to boot from
the Maxtor altho it was my impression that when using Firewire this was
supposedly possible.

Am I laboring under a false impression or is there another explanation?
Any/all help appreciated.

Jack C