[X4U] Booting from external backup drive

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sat Oct 13 08:31:26 PDT 2007

There is a lot more to a disc being bootable than it used to be in
the OS9 days, when you only needed a Finder file and some basic
System files in a folder at the root of the drive.

In OSX, there are many interdependencies that have to be set.  So
simply backing up the folder structure from one disk to another won't
do it.

However, Dèjà Vu's website does indicate that it should be able to
create bootable disk clones.

I'm assuming that you have explored all of the program's preferences
to make sure that there isn't a "make bootable" button somewhere,
like there used to be in Carbon Copy Cloner?

Michael