[X4U] MBP vs Regular ol' Macbook

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Fri Oct 19 17:26:48 PDT 2007

Larger screen size both inches and pixels.
Backlight keyboard.
Card slot.

Drawback . . . the metal case is probably actually less durable than
the polycarbonate one on the MB and it really gets too hot to
actually sit it on our lap. I use a CoolPad with mine.

Speedwise he Pro is a bit faster; but not enough so you'll notice
without a benchmark. It's got dedicated video so performance is
better there.

That's about it for the main differences . . . for me the slightly
better performance and larger screen size made the difference . . .
but then I only replace my laptop every 3-4 years or so . . . and I
have a high enough salary where I could afford either. If the budget
only supports the MB . . . then you won't be unhappy with it.