Re(2): [X4U] Airport Extreme Software Request

Thomas Bulat tombulat at comcast.net
Fri Oct 19 18:21:46 PDT 2007

>Just don't understand why Apple wouldn't provide the full software
>package for download. Obviously, it would only be for existing
>Extreme base station users. Not like anybody else would be
>interested. Instead of leaving the aforementioned >
>AirPortBaseStationUpdate2007001 < (which had the v5.0) they go and
>pull it from available downloads ??
>
>Again, if anyone has the Airport Utility v5.0 or a copy of the
>AirPortBaseStationUpdate2007001 archived would sure appreciate a
>copy. You could email off the list.

Hi Rod,
Glad you responded. I've been over to Apple surfing around their forum.

Here's what was suggested....
DL AirPortBaseUtility521.dmg at...
<http://supportdownload.apple.com/download.info.apple.com/
Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/Mac_OS_X/downloads/
061-3643.20070813.60P1c/AirPortUtility521.dmg>
o Double-click AirPortBaseUtility521.dmg to mount and display it's contents.
o From the AirPortUtility window, right-click on "AirPortUtility.pkg."
o Select "Show Package Contents" from the pop-up menu.
o In the "AirPortUtility.pkg" window, double-click on the "Contents"
folder to open it.
o In the "Contents" window, double-click on the "Archive.pax.gz" file.
This will create a new folder on your Desktop, named "Archive." Both the
AirPort Utility and the AirPort Disk Utility will be inside Archive/
Applications/Utilities folder. You can copy or move them to your
Applications folder.

I haven't tried it yet, but if you do let me know if it works.

So long for now, TOM